Thursday, March 26, 2009

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Yes, folks...we have a winner of the first contest ever held by Dumplings, Three in the FOUR YEARS we've been on the internet!!!

And her name is....

(drum roll, please!)....

Blogger Lena Wright said...

Is it a payday or nougat roll and some berry flavored juice concentrate?

3/26/2009 6:16 PM


YES, Lena...it IS a Payday candy bar, skillfully sliced lengthwise like you would slice a hotdog bun. Then you carefully place a Edy's Frozen Fruit Bar in between the two layers of Payday. ....oh, my goodness, as I was reading the recipe aloud to my husband just now to make sure I got it right, he pointed out that it is NOT, I repeat, NOT a "Payday Bar". How could I have made such a grievious error? And here I already e-mailed Lena to tell her she was the winner. Well, that is that! I declared her the winner (albeit in my usual confused state), so, winner she will remain! So....now I need to start all over giving you all the recipe, because it is NOT as I stated above. My husband states that making it with a Payday would totally ruin the flavor. So, let's start again!....

NO, Lena, it is NOT a Payday candy bar, but I am an easily confused blogger so you still win, anyway! Grant dreamed this recipe one night last weekend. When he awoke, he could hardly contain himself, so eager was he to try out the delicious concoction he had dreamed about in his sleep. He made a special trip to the grocery store just to pick up the ingredients for this delectible treat! Follow this recipe closely and you, too, can savor a delightful dessert!:

Take an Edy's Frozen Fruit Bar and envelope it in a flattened out ZERO candy bar. (It is very important to make sure you use a ZERO candy bar and NOT a Payday!) Hint: Slice your Zero candy bar lengthwise like a hotdog bun BEFORE you proceed with flattening it!

This MUST BE a delicious treat because Grant has eaten at least one each day since inventing this treat. No one else in our family had eaten one (not even the KIDS)...but YOU can try it and let us know what YOU think. If YOU like it, we might try it!

7 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Umm... apologies to your husband, but... ewww...

Lena Just Lena said...

woohoo! Thanks-I'm excited to be the first winner on your blog! that's cool.

:-)

Thanks again for the diversion and laughs!

Nadine said...

What fun Monica. I had to read the other posts to catch up. Love the picture - looks yummy. It's great he had a dream come true.

Anonymous said...

How does the Zero candy bar taste like? I've never heard or seen them. Now I really want a Zero bar. But I'm not quite ready for the infamous combo yet!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Nadine, you crack me up! Personally, I don't think it was a dream come true...I think Tonggu Momma hit the nail on the head when she wrote, "EWWWW!"

Congratulations, again, Lena! This was so much fun I might have to host another contest one of these days!!!

Anonymous said...

I would think that by now, Monica, you had realized that there are sometimes some serious quirks in our family. I had thought, until now, that Grant had escaped most of them but I see that I am mistaken. lol Kinda makes me think of Brian(my son, to those of you who don't know) when he was about nine made a sandwich with green bean casserole as the filler. The kids around him were "eewwing" him too but my thought was that as long as he was eating it, who cared how. But, Grant IS a grown man??? lol Anyway, different strokes and all but I think I will pass. I remember when we were younger and Aunt Jean came with ingredients for a WONDERFUL new concoction called a taco! I think that we thought she had invented it. We had never heard of tacos yet...this was back in the day when you used the flat corn tortillas, brick chili....grease running down our arms, dripping off our elbows. We thought we had died and gone to heaven!! Anyway, Grant's new concoction brought me a stroll down memory lane. Tell him thanks!

Anonymous said...

You're sure welcome, Jean!

And LISA, if you would EVER COME FOR A VISIT, I would feed you a Zero bar!

(They're pretty unappetizing in appearance, though, if you ask me! Which is probably why they have never become a POPULAR, WELL KNOWN candy bar even though they have been around forever!)