Thursday, April 30, 2009

Passing out of Childhood:

Last night, Darcy spent over ten solid minutes trying to open a bottle of Nyquil. The cap had her totally stymied. I offered to show her HOW to open the child-proof cap, but she insisted she could figure it out on her own. If I remember her words correctly, it was something along the lines of "I can figure this out like a MATURE adult," uttered a moment before she began banging the bottle in frustration against the our mattress where she was perched.

As the label states, it IS a CHILD proof cap. I'm just sayin'....




(I told her learning the secret to opening child-proof bottles of Nyquil was a right of passage into adulthood! Nice to know she isn't QUITE there yet! We had a pretty good laugh...but, I was a bit disappointed when she finally figured out the secret to opening the bottle of Nyquil. Ahhh...childhood is so fleeting!)

1 comment:

moreena said...

So very fittingly, Annika has been able to open child-proof caps since she was 4. I didn't really believe she could do it, so I let her mess with the bottle, only to be astonished when she had it off in just a few minutes flat. Ahhh, the skills this child has mastered. Still struggling with the reading, but she can get into any medicine she might want.