Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Reality

Well, there won't be any more photos with future posts. Our camera was stolen today from Grant's office. It was only there for a couple of hours. Grant had taken it to school to take pictures of each of his classes. After taking one class's photo, he had put the camera on the file cabinet in his office. Someone stole it.

It just left a knot in our stomach. I guess we had a false sense of security...feeling like the students at a Baptist University are trustworthy. When we went to the two pawn shops in town to notify them to be on the look out for it, we heard stories of several members of the football team who had recently been convicted for stealing, pawning the stolen items. Who know who stole our camera, but it's pretty likely that it WAS a student.

The saddest part is that there were NINE SD cards in the camera bag that were completely filled with photos...nearly every photo I have taken in the last year. My computer can't handle getting a full 2 gig SD card copied to it, without crashing (the computer has needed to be replaced for about a year now), so I had gotten behind burning my photos to CDs/DVDs. SD cards are so cheap these days (at Christmas I got 2 gig SD cards for just $5 each), that I have actually gone out and bought a new SD card several times because the others were filled. Which is why I had nine SD cards full of photos that I hadn't yet sorted through or archived. Those are irreplaceable. I am sick about the camera being lost...but, someday we can buy another camera...we can't buy the 18 gigs of family photos that we lost.

I am thankful that at least there are photos here on the blog that I can access...so, at least we still have SOME photos from this past year. I really compress the photos down a lot before I put them on the blog, so much of the original resolution is lost, but at least we have them.

4 comments:

aunt Jan said...

that is really sad. We will be praying you get it back.

Briana's Mom said...

Oh Monica - I am so sorry. What a terrible thing to happen to you. Thinking of you.

vivacemusica said...

That's awful! I'm sorry to hear about the lost camera and photos. Hoping that whoever took the camera might at least have a conscience that pushes him/her to return the SD cards.

RamblingMother said...

Oh I am so sorry! That makes me sick too. Praying that someone will return the cards at least!