Baked Potato Soup

Wow! I've just got to interject here, that Darcy made the BEST baked potato soup ever, tonight! While we were in Conifer, Randy (the banjo guy) told Darcy how to make Baked Potato Soup, so she couldn't wait to try it out on us. She sent Grant off to the store bright and early this morning to pick up the needed ingredients. Then, this evening, with her music blasting loudly, she set to work in the kitchen...periodically calling Doug in to taste-test for her! Supper was DELICIOUS! I was glad I didn't know what all went into the soup until AFTER I had eaten it, or the thought of the number of calories I was surely consuming would have filled me with guilt!
(I asked Darcy for a copy of the recipe, and she replied that she didn't have anything written down...mostly she just threw stuff in, tweaking it as she went. I never could cook like that!)











4 comments:
Wow! I'll take her any time!
I'm jealous... I can't cook like that either, though the husband can. I'll bet it was yummy!
Hey, she has a talent. That was how my grandmother cooked too and it was always good. Enroll her in cooking school to hone that ability. Chefs won't be outsourced, heh.
Darcy is such a beauiful young lady! I loved looking at your blog Monica...I loved the elk pictures...hope Grant is feeling better now!
Post a Comment