First Day on the Road...
We left Bolivar, MO this morning--heading for Conifer, Colorado! We stopped for the evening in Colby, Kansas...the same town Grant and I spent the second night of our married life more than eighteen years ago! It's the first time since then that we have been to Colby!
We left home with about 600 miles on our little red car. Today we doubled the total mileage on our car!
Of course, I am as geographically challenged as always... as we were driving along, I was heavily STUDYING the atlas trying to figure out where Conifer was in relation to the town my aunt and uncle are currently at for their "Cousins Reunion". I stared and stared and stared over the tops of my glasses with the atlas practically up to my nose, trying to sort through the tiny print. I couldn't find CONIFER...I couldn't even find DENVER...in fact, I couldn't even find I-70 which I knew had to LEAD TO DENVER. I was DETERMINED, though! I would STILL be staring at that page in the atlas if Grant hadn't eventually glanced over and asked me why I was scrutinizing CONNECTICUT!!!! (In my defense, they had a cut-out of the DENVER streets on the page facing Connecticut, so I wasn't totally stupid for assuming I was looking at COLORADO!)











No comments:
Post a Comment