New Look for High School
The first photo was taken today INDOORS and without flash, so the skin tones are warmer than the outdoor photos which follow. The point of the photos is the subtle differences in eye color. Darcy WANTED to dye her hair purple, but was stymied on that score by her square parents. Not getting to have purple hair to start the school year, she wanted to get purple contacts. Well, parents were real wild about THAT idea either, but turns out it didn't matter...her eyes are so naturally DARK that there are very few contact colors that show through. Violet didn't show up at all on her eyes. In the end, after trying on at least 16 colors, she settled on "Honey" and "Sterling Gray". I like "Honey" best, myself (next to her NATURAL eye color!)...but the young staff person that gave her the various colors to try out favored "Sterling Gray". "Autumn" also looked great on her, but was not as subtle as "Honey". (It looks a lot like "Honey" except that it lets her own natural eye color show through in a ring around the outside of her iris (creating dark rings around her iris that make her eyes stand out more.) She is planning on trying "Autumn" on down the road. But, for now, since her Mom would only let her buy two boxes of contacts at a time, she went with 3 pairs of "Honey" and 3 pairs of "Sterling Gray" to start her first year of High School.
(First photo, taken indoors, is her natural eye color...so beautifully dark that it is difficult to tell her iris from her pupil.
All the other photos which follow were taken outside Saturday just after we returned from her eye appointment. If you look closely, each eye has the word "Demo" stamped on it--shows up best on the gray eye! The contacts she was wearing were non-prescription demos...right eye "Honey" and left eye "Sterling Gray".)











5 comments:
Oh, wow... the things I'll have to think about in ten years...
Darcy looks gorgeous in ALL of the photos, BTW. Love the new looks.
Cool! Both new colours look wonderful, much better than violet would have been, I think. Although, like you, I think her natural dark eyes are beautiful enough as-is.
Oh, square parents, come on, it is just hair, purple would have grown out soon enough, heh. Cool eye colors. High school, huhn? Wow, does time sure fly.
Why do kids grow up? And why do they think they need to 'change' their eye color??? When everyone knows they are not real??????? When they have beautiful eyes to begin with........
Those contacts are so cool!!! When I was a teenager, I just worried about my hair not being big enough. (I went to school during the "big hair" days - I'm not proud of it.) ;)
Post a Comment