Wednesday, August 19, 2009

That Noisy Wind!

It was 11:15 at night and there was a furious storm raging outside. Grant heard Doug call out, so he went to his room to see what the problem was. The following conversation ensued:

Doug: "I scare the wind!"
Grant: (correcting him) "I am scared of the wind."
Doug: "I scare the wind!"
Grant: "Say, 'I am scared of the wind.'"
Doug: "I am scare the wind."
Grant: "No. 'I am SCARED OF the wind.'"
Doug: "I scared the wind."
The conversation continues in like manner for another ten minutes as Grant repeatedly reiterates: "No. Say, 'I am scared OF the wind.'"
Doug: "I scare of wind."
Grant: "No...'I am SCARED of THE wind."
Doug: "I HATE THE WIND!"

Well, I guess that ended THAT conversation!

99% of all our conversations in this household follow this pattern! Evidently it is finally becoming as wearing for Doug as it is for his mother and father!

2 comments:

aunt jan said...

doug may have trouble with sentences but that is one smart boy!

Nadine said...

That's hilarious. Maybe he was trying to say he scared the wind - maybe he said "boo" and the wind went away...only kidding.

Loved the previous picture on the rocks.