Heading to Nome

Well, Darcy has yet ANOTHER new profile picture on facebook! I like the way she applies special effects to them and adds captions!
It will be a while until I can post again. I'm leaving for Nome, Alaska in three and a half hours. I'm sure I will have lots of stories to post and maybe even a few pictures (in spite of the prevalent darkness!) when I get back home. (Forecast there is for the temperature to be 25 degrees BELOW zero while I am there! That is actual TEMPERATURE, not wind chill! Oh, and snow is predicted--of course! Lisa and Iran are planning on us taking snowmobiles (or snow machines, as they call them up there) to a cabin out in the wilderness to spend the first four days or so! I hear lots of MRE's have been packed!...and there's no running water!...ADVENTURE AWAITS!!!)
Meanwhile, Grant will be holding down the fort with all three kids, on his own...and probably watching every Alaska horror story on Nat. Geo! I owe him big time! He really was not thrilled with the prospect of me traipsing about in the wilds of Alaska in the dead of winter.











2 comments:
Grant! you and kids are invited for dinner anytime!
Have fun! I look forward to hearing your stories. I miss the North....
Post a Comment