Thank Goodness for Facebook!
If it weren't for FACEBOOK, I suspect I would not have any nice (RECENT) photos of my oldest child! For the last three or four years now, she has growled, grimaced or ducked every time I've gotten out my camera...EXCEPT for when she thinks it is time to change up her profile picture on facebook...THEN she is happy for me to snap a few photos of her! Fortunately for me, she changes her profile picture with about the same frequency that her brother changes his socks (which is a LOT for facebook profile picture changing and probably less than optimal for diminishing foot odor!)!
All the photos in yesterday's post were the result of Darcy seeing the snow falling outside and deciding the snowfall necessitated an IMMEDIATE change of her status picture! She HAD to have a picture of herself in the falling snow. So, I was granted permission to take her photo! I wasn't PLANNING on doing any picture taking just then...but, hey, I have learned to take advantage of my opportunities! It is so rare for Darcy to cooperate with having her picture taken that when she WANTS her picture taken, I am only too happy to drop everything else and grab my camera!
Anyway, I thought I should explain why yesterday's post had far more photos of Darcy than her siblings...because, the photoshoot began with only Darcy present...and I was taking LOTS of photos specifically of Darcy (even after Doug and Rayna spilled out into the yard) so that Darcy could find at least one that pleased her!
These are Darcy's most recent facebook profile pictures (in no particular order)...








































2 comments:
And here I thought she posed just for me!!! I am so disappointed. lol BTW....I am in the process of taking orders for dog sleds and teams for you to bring back with you!
LOL! I tell you what...I'm not sure how I am even going to get my own cold weather gear to Alaska. My connections are so tight that I can't check any of my luggage (the luggage would not have time to be switched between United and Alaskan Airlines in Denver. So, today I put all my Alaskan outerwear on to go on a walk...but, couldn't find one glove. Mind you, I was only zipped up in my coat for two minutes, indoors looking for the missing glove, and already I was sweating like crazy and nearly feeling panicky because I was so SUFFOCATINGLY hot. Which left me thinking...HOW am I going to get my outerwear to Alaska if I can't stand WEARING it through the airport, when I am already having to carry my scant luggage? (Not to mention managing the dog!)
Post a Comment