So Cool!
http://alaskadispatch.com/projects/iditarod-2010/4478-mackey-makes-iditarod-history
It was so cool reading in the Alaska Dispatch yesterday's article about Mackey winning the Iditarod (click on above link!)! Having been in Nome so recently it just made it all so much more real and personal to me! I even found myself scanning all the photos closely to see if there were faces in the crowd that I recognized....afterall, there are people I KNOW who were there at the finish line cheering Mackey and his dogs as they came racing into town!
There in the pictures is Front Street...just like I remember it (except it was never that crowded before!)...the article described the Christmas lights zig zagging over the road...yup, I remember those! The photos show Mackey and his dogs passing beneath the burled arch at the finish line that I posed Ransom and Gabby under, just a few months ago! And, Lisa wrote to tell me that the dear sweet fella that took me for a ride behind his Iditarod-team-in-training took the enlarged photo I had sent him of he and his dog team to have this year's winner of the Iditarod sign it! My friends were at the finish line...and a photo I took was being handed to the winner of the Iditarod to sign it! Talk about feeling CONNECTED to the story!











1 comment:
nice photos here. I bet living in Alaska is cold.
here in the Philippines is hot weather.
Post a Comment