Sunday, November 05, 2006

Another Glimpse into Rayna's World...

This morning as we were getting ready to leave for church, I entered the room just in time to see Rayna catch her brother off guard with a really HARD shove. Who knows what he had done to merit such treatment? (most likely, nothing at all!) I looked sternly at Rayna and admonished, "You need to be NICE to your brother!"

Rayna looked up at me innocently and asserted, "Doug and I are FRIENDS."

I raised my eyebrows and replied, "Well, I'm surprised you are, considering how you are treating him."

She smiled brightly and explained, "Yeah...'Cause I kiss him A LOT!"

Well, she had me there! She does, indeed, kiss him a lot...whenever she isn't SHOVING him!


A few minutes later, she pranced out the door carrying her "laptop" in the nifty professional black case her older sister passed down to her just for that purpose. She will hardly leave the house anymore without carrying her "laptop" with her. Even though her "computer" is a garage sale find that has never DONE anything at all (broken before it came to us!), it is one of her most treasured possessions and she plays with it hours on end...just clicking the dead keys and staring at the blank screen.

1 comment:

just me said...

I guess clicking keys at the laptop or pc is such a natural for her seeing she has you and her sister as "show" models?