Favorite Memories
I think one of my favorite memories I will tuck away will be of this morning. We had all slept in (since I will be working late tonight and not get back until around 1:00am). After we got up, Grant fixed our traditional Saturday morning breakfast. Ummmm!!! Biscuits and gravy, bacon, wonderful omletted eggs, and a cold, tall glass of milk. After breakfast I goofed around a bit on the computer and then moseyed into the living room to see what everyone else was up to. Grant was sitting on the sofa holding Rayna in his arms all wrapped up in a blanket like a baby. Rayna was just beaming with joy as she snuggled up to her daddy. So, I joined into the snuggle. Pretty soon, Doug came to the living room to see what was going on. He immediately began calling to us to get our attention as he made his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Robot trudge across the carpet. After a bit, Doug left his robot on the floor and dashed upstairs. He returned moments later bringing with him a down blanket throw that he carefully covered me with! Then he went back upstairs and got his gameboy. When he came back down, he crawled up onto the sofa, sitting against me, sharing the blanket as he quietly played his game boy. Another five minutes passed and then Darcy came in, wondering where everyone was. She climbed up into my lap, stretching her long legs over her brother's lap and leaning her head on her father and younger sister. And there we all sat...perfectly content. THAT moment in time is one I will always cherish as one of my favorite memories!











2 comments:
The Lord's blessings come when we least expect them, don't they? Cherish the moment!
I say "AMEN!" to Mom's comment. Moments like that can be so little, yet so big. Among many of my favorite memories is of my mother simply playing tag with us. I realise now that what I have taken for granted most of my life is the absolutely wonderful blessing of growing up in a Christian family. During the years I didn't have a dad in my life, I still had a wonderful grandad and fantastic uncles to be the men in my life. While I always loved them, I have been thankful especially in the last few years when I have learned that not all families are like that.
Post a Comment