Thursday, November 02, 2006

Another way of saying things...

Rayna always turns a phrase uniquely:

I asked Rayna this morning if the tootsie pop she was savoring was part of her Halloween haul. She replied, "No, Mommy. I got this when I was blind and I hit the pinata."
(She meant when she was blind-FOLDED, of course!)

And yesterday she was talking about needing "baby wipers" to wash her face with.
(The image of little windshield wipers installed on custom babies came to my mind!)

And she continues to pronounce "hand sanitizer" as "hanitizer"...always making me think she might be the youngest Shawn Hanity fan around (isn't that the show where folks are "Hanitized"?!).

Last night at supper, Rayna, knowing her sister would be MORE THAN HAPPY to oblige, requested, "Can I have the black ollies off your pizza?" Rayna ate all the "black ollies" and Doug ate all of Darcy's mushrooms. Too bad my eldest is so offended by all vegetables and vegetable-like substances.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

Oh the words from the babe's mouths! So worth writing them all down and embarrass them later (in my son's case at least).