My Seasoned Tracker's Chest Pains...
Our little drama queen is SO SUGGESTABLE. Several days this week I have been listening to talk radio as we drive around doing errands. On the particular station I have been tuned in to, there runs a commercial warning about the danger of ignoring chest pain. So, I didn't panic to much yesterday or today when my four year old came up to me and in all sincerity informed me, "Mommy, my chest just HURTS." I just shrug my shoulders and assure her, "I think you will be okay." Thusly reassured, she scampers off to play, totally forgetting the intense chest pain she had just been suffering! (If, on the other hand, I had shown any concern, her pain would have become even more persistant. I learned my lesson with the whole arm thing not long ago. It was just fine after it was popped back into place except that SHE continued to obsess over it and fret about it to the point that both the doctors and myself were thinking there really was something more serious going on. I regret having taken her to a bone specialist now, and shelling out even more money for further X-rays. But, at least that experience has kept me from worrying now over her chest pain!)
Rayna just now went outside to play. I reminded her as she left that she has to stay in our yard (ie not wander off into the woods). She assured me, "If I get lost, Mom, I know my footprints and I'll just come right back!"
Oh the confidence of a four year old.











No comments:
Post a Comment