Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thanksgiving dinner at the elementary school

Today was Doug's school's annual Thanksgiving lunch. Parents and siblings are invited to join the students for lunch. Rayna and I joined Doug. The first photo was taken in Doug's second grade classroom just before lunch. Then a photo of Doug in the lunch line.

Doug (obviously!) wasn't impressed with his meal. I don't think he would have eaten a single bite had I not been there to PROMPT him to eat some. He is SO distractable and their lunch time is so brief. It is a wonder he ever gets anything eaten at all during lunch. Rayna, on the other hand, devoured her lunch. She was quite impressed with the strawberry milk (never having experienced that before!) and she loved the pumpkin pie.

They are also having their annual book fair this week at the school and Doug was really wound tight over the free book the PTA allows them to select at the book fair each year. He chose a Spiderman title that he didn't yet have in his collection!

3 comments:

Sean Carter said...

This is so nice....just loved the photos....and this also a great way to teach kids the importance too....and hey also do drop by my Thanksgiving Blog abd share some of the Thanksgiving fun and laughter!!!!

Mama Melissa said...

How cute is that?! I'm waiting to have my first Thanksgiving with my daughter...but it'll have to wait until next year. So, I'll live vicariously through you for now!! haha.

Oh, and hey, at least Darcy wrote *something*!! (ok, really, i'm laying down now... just bored. been laying down for over 2 days now. ugh - the flu bug.)

Peace,
Melissa

Amy said...

Of course, your kids look much more delicious than the lunch they're eating. :)

I'm sure you cover them with kisses regularly.