Chicago Girl...
Poor Rayna! She hears a phrases she likes and wants to commit to memory for her own use later on, but, somehow, they get a bit garbled in her mind! The latest instance of this is "Chicago Girl"... Last Sunday, Rayna and I had a difference of opinion about how her hair should be fixed for church. Drawing upon my seasoned child psychology skills, I shrugged my shoulders and suggested, "Or...we could style your hair like a COLLEGE GIRL..." Well, of course she enthusiastically bit that one, hook, line, and sinker...and I proceded to fix her hair exactly the way I had wanted to fix it to begin with. A few days later she came to me with a pony tail ring and implored me to please fix her hair "like a Chicago Girl". Needless to say, it took me a few baffling minutes to comprehend what she was asking for!
So, here she is...
The Chicago Girl!A little while later, as we were ready to back out of the driveway and head to town, I was amused to see my Chicago Girl in the backseat, obliviously bee-bopping with her MP3 player.











9 comments:
That is the most beautiful Chicago girl I have ever seen and I've spent a lot of time in Chicago!
I love the hairstyle - I want to try that on Chloe!! That Chigao Girl is gorgeous!!
The hair style is nothing fancy, but it does a great job of keeping her hair out of her eyes and face. (I hate the way she lets her hair dangle into her food while she eats!)
I bet it will look terrific on Chloe...you'll have to post a photo!!!!
(Oh, and to RedMaryJanes, I think the reason "Chicago" sticks in Rayna's mind so firmly is that I the only time I take trips without the kids, it is to go to Chicago where my niece has had multiple transplants. So, the word "Chicago" has made a deeper impression into Rayna's memory than "College" has! Gonna have to rectify THAT!)
She would look cute however her hair was done!
What a cute post.Her hair is cute as is she.
I just love hearing all these things kids say. Now wonder Art Linklatter had a show for so many years.Yes!!! kids do say the darndest things.
I love this Chicago girl!
did you cook some domplings at Chinese new year?
She looks great in her new hairstyle. About the hair in the food...I completely understand that as well. My daughter's hair is ALWAYS dragging through her hair, but she doesn't mind it much.
Thanks Emmie and Mr. Brian!
Tong, I hate to admit it, but we didn't do anything for Chinese New Year this year. Usually we do celebrate it, but, this year I was working that day and it hit during a very busy season in our lives (lots of out of town trips for Grant and close to Rayna's birthday) and we didn't get around to doing anything special for it. I will reform myself next year!!!
Susie, RAYNA doesn't mind her hair in her food at all, either!!! In fact, she seems to ENJOY dragging it through her food. It is her mother who objects mightily!!!...I get so tired of her hair being GLUED together with food (egg drop soup is the worst!)...I hate it when I can't get a comb through it and it has turned into solid, hard, sharp spikes that could cause someone bodily injury.
~Monica
That is TOO cute. :) Very funny and what cute hair!
(i'm still waiting....)
Post a Comment