Friday, April 27, 2007

A Challenge for the Month Ahead...

Elena of "French Toast Girl" wrote:

Commit to create something every day in the month of May. (Note: last year I did over 31 paintings. I felt really rushed. So this year, I will spend more than one day on a painting if I want to. You can do the same, or do 31 separate paintings, or take 31 photos, make collages, or write a page of your novel every day.)


This sounds like a fun idea, to me! If you go to Elena's site, you can join her flicker group and post photos of each day's project. I thought it would be fun, though, if within our small group of readership, we kept track of everyone who wants to join this challenge for May. Leave me a comment on this post if you want to be included in the list of blogs for all of us to check daily in May to see your creative efforts for that day. Also, give us a description of what you plan to do through May. (For example, I want to take a photo each day...well, anyone who knows me knows that I cannot take just one photo...if my fingers touch the camera I am compelled to keep shooting until I have filled my 2 gig card! But, I plan to CHOOSE one photo out of the photos I have taken each day to feature on my blog for that day...and maybe a few lines of something to place alongside it (a fragment of Scripture that has touched my heart that day, or a line from a poem or song...just some fragment of wording). For those of you in the doldrums of awaiting child referral, this could be just the thing to help May fly by!

Leave a comment here if you are rising to the challenge! (You don't necessarily have to post photos of your daily projects to the Flicker Group. But DO put them on your BLOG so we can all see!....and do let me know if you plan on doing this with us so I can add your blog to the list I publish of those who are participating!)

3 comments:

RamblingMother said...

I will be in for the May everyday but with photos. I don't have time to paint.

Beverly
http://glenysluckymama.blogspot.com

Soccer Girl said...

I'm planning to do the
May everyday thing but, it'll have to be pics. I don't have time to paint every day!

Darcy
http://darcysoccerblog.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Sounds fun! Yikes painting everyday though...as much as I NEED to do that I think photos would be more doable. Count me in!