Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Spring is in the air...

About a month ago, the three kids and I took a day trip down to the Ozarks to visit an old friend of mine. She has a son who is about Rayna's age and the two of them had a fine, large time together. Today, my friend wrote something that I just had to reprint here!...


A little girl was over here today and Tommy and her were
talking. She wanted to know if Tommy would be her boyfriend for pretend. (Keep
in mind Tommy has always liked girls and noticed them). He told her he already
had a girl friend. Well, she kept being persistent and so was he. Finally after
overhearing this conversation I said, "Tommy you do not have a girlfriend." He
said, "Yes, I do. You know, Monicaaaaaaa's...you know Monicaaaa's..." (He
couldn't think of the word "daughter".) I said, "You mean 'Rayna'?" He very
quickly said, "Yes, Rayna! SHE is my girlfriend." He said, "I don't know why she
likes me so much!" Anyway, wish you could of been here to hear this.

I, too, wish I could have been there to hear that conversation! I read the story above out loud to Darcy (Rayna was not in the room at the time), but Rayna must have sonar hearing because I had no more than finished reading the story before I heard her, in the next room, earnestly informing Doug, "I am TOMMY'S girlfriend." Well, at least Tommy and Rayna don't seem to have any communication issues...they are both on the same page on this matter! And I do admire young Tommy's loyalty...refusing to even allow that other little girl to PRETEND he was her boyfriend! Yes...Tommy is just the sort of young man I would be delighted to have for a son-in-law!

I did have to warn Tommy's mother that Rayna has been diligently planning her wedding since she was two years old. She has put CONSIDERABLE time, effort, and angst into the planning of that event! And she is planning on have a very large family..."lots and lots of babies". Last time I checked, she was hoping to have "eight boys and seven girls".

5 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

This is adorable.

Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

Wow, sounds like you are going to have A LOT of grand children! They do make a "cute couple"! lol

Emmie said...

They are both very very cute- they would look cute together! hehe

Steffie B. said...

That is so cute!

Deb said...

AHHHH! That is adorble!
Happy Easter, no spring here yet!!! Just got 30 cm dumped on us in the last 6 hours :O(