Thursday, January 31, 2008

Finally a Few Photos...







You guessed it!...the ONLY way I can get a photo of my eldest child, these days, is to employ the assistance of her uncle! (Notice the sportier, short hair?...she donated 15 1/2 inches of hair to Locks of Love a little before Christmas.




I'm getting old...and my skin shows it! So, about a week ago, I splurged and got one of those vibrating thingees that debrides the wrinkles right off your face (really shrinks those pores, too!). Well, RAYNA has been utterly FASCINATED with my new face cleaner ever since I took it out of the package. The first time she saw me using it, she somberly reported to her daddy, "Mom is relaxing her nose." (I guess that is a reasonable conclusion when you see your mom holding a vibrater on top of her nose!) Every day since then, she has begged and pleaded with me to let her use it on her face. It was almost too much for her when I brought home a Nuetrogena Wave Face Cleaner for her older sister (who is reaching the age when daily face care is imperative). So, I took the removeable scrubbing head off the thingee and let her massage away. She took this task quite seriously!





In the Ozarks, we take our weatherman SERIOUSLY! All of our schools let out three hours early today because the weatherman was predicting 5-8 inches of snow. The first snowflake hadn't even FALLEN yet as the buses began rolling out with the children aboard. My husband called me and remarked it seemed a little odd! As it was, the first lonely (and rather pathetically thin) snowflakes didn't begin falling until about the time that our children would have NORMALLY arrived home. As of nightfall, there still wasn't even any snow sticking to the road yet...but, hey, the weatherman SAID it was going to be BAD and we, here in the Ozarks, LISTEN our weatherman!








Oh...and guess who has lost TWO teeth? (Her top ones loosened up first, but they never came out...hmmm....)


Well, that is what the kids were up to tonight...and Grant and I are kicking back watching "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". The last time we watched that movie was twelve years ago...we were on a plane flying to China to bring home our first baby. Makes me all nostalgic! ...She has grown up way, way, way too fast...





(Hong Kong 1996...with the newest member of our family! ...Darcy liked the French fries!)

1 comment:

JEff said...

Yeah! You are finally back to regular blogging! We've missed seeing Darcy, Rayna, and Doug!