Super Tuesday...
This has been an interesting election year to say the least. For the first time in almost seventeen years of marriage, my husband and I were actually rooting for two different canidates until just a couple of weeks ago. I had NEVER before, ever disagreed with my husband on a single, solitary political issue. My husband took our difference in opinion in stride, but it dumbfounded me to realize that I actually felt DIFFERENTLY enough about something from him that we would actually be cancelling each other out at the polls. Well, that was up until just a few weeks ago. It wasn't my husband that talked me out of my original choice, but, rather the actions of the very canidate I had originally been so impressed by. By the time Super Tuesday rolled around, Grant and I were back on the same page. We were surprised later, today, though, to find out that we had cancelled Grant's parents out at the polls! It has been a very interesting primary, indeed!
I have VERY strong feelings about this election...but, as my stomach was beginning to knot over over worry about how the mix was going to wind up, I found myself taking a step back and realizing that no matter how things settle out, this is one terrific country we live in! One person really DOES have a voice in our country. We can all feel strongly and not agree...yet, when all is said and done, this is a great place to live...and it is a place where we all get to have a say and we all get to have a hand in the decisions that are made that will affect each of our lives.











2 comments:
You're back!! I'm glad to see your blog active again!
Happy Chinese New Year! Love the new pics too!
Post a Comment