Ahhh...the sun is back!
The two little ones were having fun posing today. This is a regular occurance with the two of them...and no camera need be involved!
Well, we wound up with about a FOOT of water in our crawl space. We have been slowly siphoning it out with a hose for the last 24 hours or so, now. We are BASEMENT people...have always had basements and didn't even KNOW what a "crawl space" was until last summer when we moved to this part of the country (where basements are almost unheard of). Early this afternoon, Rayna overheard Grant mention that he was going to go out and check the crawl space. Her ears perked right up. I guess this is the first mention of a "crawl space" she had heard. She begged to go with her father out to the garage to get a first hand look at this intriguing thing called a "crawl space". A few minutes later, she bounded back into the house and her daddy overheard her exclaiming to Doug, "That was AWESOME!!! It was JUST LIKE a FIELD TRIP!!!"
Yes...it takes so little to delight our youngest! And here's a photo of Darcy when she was making the bread crumbs to put on the oven fried chicken Tuesday.
(The bummed expression only appeared on her face when she saw Mom had a camera aimed her direction. This is the child who used to DELIGHT in being photographed. At eighteen months, she was already suggesting to me situations in which I OUGHT to be taking her picture and just what pose she should strike for the proposed photograph. But, now-a-days she views the camera as a form of parental torture.)











2 comments:
Darcy is welcome to come cook here-I am not good at remembering the camera
I love all the pictures!
I remember hearing a few words describing things as a child that always got my attention. Exciting times.
Post a Comment