It's Raining,
It's Pouring...
and it has been for over 24 hours straight now. Hard to believe that just yesterday afternoon our yard was dry. This was the scene that greeted my eyes at 7:00am this morning... The dogs had hid out in their houses as long as they could stand it. Later in the day, I noticed Shanachie had ditched the doghouse in favor of curling up by the one sort of dry corner of our house.
Meanwhile, Rivendell just sat on the dryer of our two back patios looking forlorn and hoping against hope that we might for some unknown reason WANT a wet, smelly dog in our house today!
THIS is one of our two back patios. The water was several inches deep against the house. (If it had been five and a half inches deep it would have been spilling over through the patio door into our kitchen floor!)
While the little kids were spashing around in the back yard, Darcy was busy browsing through a cookbook trying to decide what she wanted to bake for supper tonight. She wound up cooking oven fried chicken with stuffing and corn. It was DELICIOUS! I am so spoiled that she LOVES to cook. Today she was BEGGING to fix supper. She didn't have to ask ME twice...I HATE cooking!
*****************
Did I mention it was quite COLD outside? Not cold enough to freeze into ice, thank goodness (we've had more than our share of ice this year), but cold enough to turn bare toes pretty shades of blue and red! So, after splashing around in the backyard, the two little ones had to splash their feet in a tub of mildly warm water (much to their delight!)...and Darcy dried (and styled!)Rayna's hair...











2 comments:
Great pics - crazy rain - LOVE your froggy bath mat!!!
Fun, wet day. I think of that children's book called, "Rain Romp".
Post a Comment