Now it is MOMMY who is having the ROUGH day!
Well, I can tell my children are used to living in the WOODS. It never dawned on me that it might be necessary to instruct my son NOT to dis-assmeble the landscaping stonework in our backyard. In his defense, I guess, it used to not matter if he gathered rocks and built new things with them. When we lived in the woods, our yard was a la natural...rocks were perfectly fine to play with, drag around, whatever. So, why was I shocked when I glanced out the window this evening and discovered that Doug had industriously gathered up the majority of our large, flat landscaping stones and moved them to a new location...happily stacking them far from the flowerbeds they had so recently framed in attractive walls. AARRGGG!!! I am certain it took me far longer to re-build the walls of the three large flower beds than it had taken my son to dis-assemble them! And, unfortunately, the rocks just don't stack back the same the second time around! Now I have wobbly, messy walls. Sure wish I would have thought to specify in advance to Doug NOT to take the walls down!











3 comments:
Gotta love his determination all the same ;0)
So, are you saying now that today was YOUR day to make poor choices??? :-) We DO tend to forget just how literal kids are. I remember one time when Brian was little and he was heaving and crying why? and I told him he just had a little "bug" in his tummy. He FREAKED OUT!!! I finally had to say "there it goes!!!" as I flushed the toilet! So....since you did NOT specify NOT to disassemble the walls, they are fair game! :-( :-)
Well, Pipo, I would love the determination if I could figure out how to FUNNEL it in the right direction!
Jean-
Your poor son! I can't believe you told him he had a bug in his stomach...probably traumatized him for life! (-; It is funny how kids are so concrete and literal in their interpretation of all things!
~Monica
Post a Comment