Improving...

Today there were three workers in our home happily tearing out the flooring...and Miss Ransom minded her manners nicely...she didn't bark at a single one! Neither did she bark when Larry (whom she's never met) came over to pick up photos of the El Salvador trip. She has already grown into her German Shepherd aloofness, having no interest what-so-ever in receiving displays of affection from total strangers, but at least she has reigned in her displays of aggression.
Yesterday, she met her father for the first time. I was more worried about how Gus (aka KUJO!) would respond to her, than how she would respond to him. I needn't have worried. He showed nothing but gentle interest and amused indulgence. Ransom, meanwhile couldn't decide if she should be afraid of this huge, imposing German Shepherd or if she should CHALLENGE him and put him in his place! She barked furiously at him ever advancing closer (albeit CAUTIOUSLY), but, to my amusement, she would intersperse a pitiful little whimper every 10-15 ferocious barks...as if to say, "I'm TOUGH...but, just in case you are tougher, please realize I am just a little pup and need to be handled GENTLY!" We didn't get to stay long, and I never let her into the fence with Gus, but she warmed up to him sufficiently to risk sticking her entire face in between the gaps of the fence and sniffing nose to nose with Gus several times. We will have to get back to Osceola again soon, and visit longer with Gram and Gus the next time!











No comments:
Post a Comment