Friday, August 29, 2008

Wrong Number, I PROMISE!

The good news is that on August 19th, after going more than a year without a home phone, we got landline service. The bad news is that we were assigned Cathy Baldwin's old number. How do I know? Because we have gotten at least 5 calls a day for her since our phone was hooked up. Normal callers process the information, "This is the wrong number," and never call again. Unfortunately, these are not normal callers. These are blood-thirsty bill collectors. One got really arrogant and rude with me this morning when I again explained that this was not Cathy Baldwin's number. He snickered contemptuously and said, "Listen here, CATHY, I am going to keep calling you and keep calling you and keep on calling you so you might as well cut out the games." The conversation continued downhill from there. Aarggg!!! ...I really don't know what recourse we have, other than to request a different phone number...and that would involved renotifying everyone of a number change...besides, I like our current number--it is an easy number to remember. I just wish the bill collectors would believe me when I tell them I am not Cathy; Cathy does not live here; and I do not know Cathy. Oh well.


On a brighter note, here are photos I snapped of the two younger ones on the way to school this morning. As usual, Doug was obliviously lost in his Nintendo DS game and Rayna was half asleep!













(If you aren't a bill collector for Cathy Baldwin, but are a friend we have missed giving our new land line number to, it is the same as both our cell phone numbers except the last five digits are 7-2599. Please give us a call! It would be nice to speak to someone who DOESN'T know Cathy!!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone's a comedian!...

I got a call on my CELL phone this afternoon...a deep male voice addressed me as "Cathy Baldwin".

It was my onery HUSBAND, of course!

Anonymous said...

So hard to imagine your husband, a Cochran, being onery.....yeah, right! I do NOT know Cathy Baldwin and will be happy to give you a call soon.

Anonymous said...

wow! at least the callers for Dominick Stoltz have beleived me that I am not him!(We still get calls)