Saturday, November 15, 2008

He is Our Sunshine....

Gotta love him! Doug just wears Grant and I slick. And correcting his English is a never-ending job with a child that constantly talks.

Just a few minutes ago, Doug was yammering on and on about "Nemo Daddy. Nemo Daddy. Nemo Daddy".

Grant said, "Nemo? Nemo doesn't mean anything, Doug. What are you saying?"

Slowing down, Doug tried again, "You my daddy."

Grant again corrected, "You ARE my daddy."

Doug repeated (as he knows we expect him to do), "You ARE my daddy, daddy. You ARE my daddy, daddy."

Grant, "That's better. And you ARE my son."

Doug (repeating), "You are my son."

Then, with a mischievous glint in his eye, he began singing at the tops of his lungs, "You are my son, son. You are my son, son." (To the tune of "You are My Sunshine"!)

That left Grant and I both cracking up! So, often, our efforts at trying to teach our son to USE verbs (especially the "to be" verbs) and to enunciate clearly leaves us tearing our hair out...it was a nice change of pace today to find ourselves belly laughing instead!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Sweet Little Doug....you gotta love that sweet little boy!
Again Monica...I love the music on your blog!!!!! I am just jamm'in as I am tying bobbing my head...

Lisa said...

MONICA...OH MY!!! I just read on your blog about you getting bit by the dog..and the whole visit. I was laughing out loud..when I read what you said your pt. said.."I can see you are afraid of dogs"..HOW could you hold your tounge...I probably would have been fired for what I would have said....what was so funny was that comment...EXCUSE ME!!!!! If they only knew you!!! YOU fearlessly will jump into the same pen of an absolutely gigantic attack German Shepherd that can clear a 6 foot fence.....PLEASE!! Why didn't you just accidently smash that little fat brown dog!

Anonymous said...

Doug sure is a sweetie!

Mama Melissa said...

Love this post!! I could see Mia doing that. :)

Yes, it is amazing how time has flown!! Did things really change when you had two instead of one child? 'Cause I've been considering another... but at times feel nuts for thinking of it!! lol

Nikki said...

Aw, I love that story! How sweet!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes...things REALLY changed when we went from one seven year old to a seven year old and a baby...then a year later added a six year old to the mix, too. You would think that once you have one kid, another wouldn't really be that much more work, but it IS! I love all three of them to pieces though and am blessed to have them all! But, to answer your question, yes...it is much more work!