Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ready for School





Earlier this week, Doug's school had "hat day", so he wore his favorite cap...one given to him by a family friend from his days on the beat with the Kansas City Police Department.

Rayna, meanwhile, was thrilled with her hair. I just braided it and then tied the two braids in a knot in back, but she thought she was stylin'!

(I just noticed in this picture how nice her FRONT TEETH look! This child HAS to hold the record for going the longest with no front teeth...I was beginning to worry that maybe she didn't HAVE any permanent teeth to even come down. I am relieved to see them FINALLY make their appearance!)

14 comments:

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

I love Rayna's hair, I wish Zoe would let me do something to her hair cos she just pulls pigtails, braids whatever straight out!

a Tonggu Momma said...

The Tongginator has braids today! I can't wait to try this on her after school. Remember though, I am very hair challenged. Did you actually just knot it or bobby pin it? And is that a stupid question?

Nadine said...

She is styling - it looks good. Funny how little things like a new do can make you feel special.

Your children are adorable.

Polar Bear said...

That is one ROCKIN' hair style!!
Doug's hat is COOL!!

I just read your sidebar. Very nice. I love how you captured each of your family - even the pups! :)

By the way, our husbands agree on the dog issue. If mine had his way we would have ONE dog. Imagine his annoyance when we had five! :) Good thing he loves me. ;o)

kerri said...

I love the hairstyle and Doug looks stylin too...

day by day said...

Rayna has a BEAUTIFUL smile and I love those braids! Doug looks pretty cool in his hat!

Anonymous said...

Tonggu Mom--yes, actually I just did a double knot and then used a pony tail ring to fasten both ends together so the knot wouldn't slip right back out...and poked the ends out of the way.

Polar Bear--I will have to tell Grant that YOUR husband has to put up with FIVE dogs! Maybe that will make him feel better!

Vivian said...

Rayna has lovely shiny black hair! My mom always braided my hair for me when I lived at home, to the point that I can't really braid my hair myself.

I like the intros you added in the side bar. I spent two years in JiangXi province when we were sent to the country for re-education.

Briana's Mom said...

Lovin' the braids! So cute!!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

adorable kids and creative hair do!

Thanks for your comment and stopping by to "visit" in the Texas Hill Country!

C's Mom said...

Rockin' the do.

Glad those little pearly whites made their appearance :0)

Lisa said...

Monica...did you do that hair do!! I guess you do have some talent...
Little Doug looks like a cool dude :)
I absolutely love the music on your blog!! I told Iran...where is that good music coming from? I am so dumb...he said I think it is coming from Monica's blog....I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you crack me up! The music is from a slide-show I have posted. Once the page finally loads it just comes on. I LOVE the song, but since putting it on my blog, I have started having to mute my computer because it keeps on playing when I move to another page to read someone else's blog and after the third or fourth time through it gets really annoying! I wish it would just play through ONCE then shut off! I've come really close to pulling that slide-show off my blog because once the music starts it just goes on endlessly. But, glad you are enjoying it! And it cracks me up that you asked your husband where the music was coming from! Now THAT sounds like a "Monica-ism"! Kind of scary!...I might be rubbing off on you!!!

VIVIAN, that is so interesting that you spent several years in JiangXi. Since it was in re-education camp, though, I doubt if you really have any fond memories of the place. I hope when we return to China we will be able to go to the village Darcy was born in (LingChuan or FuZhou as it is also known as). We were not allowed to travel to her village when we were in JiangXi back in 1996...just had to stay in NanChang.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What a gorgeous family you've got! They're such cuties!
Becky