Thursday, November 13, 2008

She Dreams of Curls...



Why is it that girls with curly hair always want straight hair, but girls with straight hair always want CURLY hair?! Rayna was SO DELIGHTED when her braids came out and her hair poofed out in wonderous waves and curls!


I never cease to be amazed with how much more our kids know about this town than we do. Yet another case in point: recently I mentioned to Grant that I had contacted a member of the Bolivar Canine unit to find out more about Schutzhund training for Ransom. Grant replied, "Does Bolivar HAVE a canine unit?" I told him, "Who knew! But, evidently so!" At which point my six year old interjects herself into the conversation to inform us that certainly Bolivar has a canine unit and that the canine is named Justice and that he is handled by Officer Magill, whose daughter's name is Samantha...and, furthermore, SHE (Rayna) has even blown the siren in his police car!

Well! Who knew?! (Well, other than our six year old!) It is amazing how much more our kids know than we think they know. And, it is amazing how much they never think to tell us. This momentous occasion of being allowed to blow the police siren happened a year ago and we are just now hearing about it!

8 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

LOL! I love how she is "in the know". Love her curls!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I, too, love those curls. They look just right on my stylish granddaughter. So-what now? Braids before going to sleep and curls during the day? And what about this thing of kids never telling their parents the important things they know. Think I remember someone else who neglected to tell me about hiding in the bushes at school until she"d passes through many schools! Just part of being the parent. Have a great day!

Deb said...

Yes they are pretty smart aren't they!

Love the curls!

Vivian said...

Yes, Chinese girls always dream of curly hair!

redmaryjanes said...

My kids always seem to know things before I do too. They just seem to be better 'networked' :)
Love her curls!

Nadine said...

She's beautiful. I always had curly, curly hair and always wanted it straight. I totally understand how she feels.

C's Mom said...

Oh the secret life of a curly top :0)

Kim said...

oh I love her hair! What until she's a teen - then she will really know everything! ;)