Sunday, December 07, 2008

'Tis the Season
And She NEEDS a Hamster!

'Tis the season for Christmas lists.

Today, as she was helping me clean Doug's room (only because she didn't want to be cleaning HER room!) Rayna declared, "For Christmas, I want a hamster."

I was thinking, "Oh great...just what you need--a HAMSTER!" Her room already looks like it is inhabited by a giant paper shredding, junk collecting rodent.

But it seems I was a little quick to judge. To my chagrin, my poor (unknowingly) maligned daughter, seeing only that she was in for a tough sell, indeed, launched quickly into making her case: "Mom, I REALLY need a hamster. I don't have ANYTHING to put my clothes in. Doug has a hamster in his room, but I've NEVER had one!"

You know what, I think my child is DEFINITELY going to have a clothes hamper waiting for her under the Christmas tree!!! Poor child, having to BEG and PLEAD with her mother for a CLOTHES HAMPER! No wonder the poor child's room is always such a mess...no one has ever provided her with a hamster!!!

6 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

BwwwwaaaaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!

C's Mom said...

That's the kind of hamster I can deal with...it doesn't poop!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh, that's so funny! I could handle THAT kind of a hamster. But the big mouse-looking kind? Not so much.

Nadine said...

That is really too funny. It made me laugh out loud. I'm glad to hear you are getting her one or else I might had to ship one to the poor thing.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! And yet a little sad... wanting a clothes hamper for Christmas. :)

j said...

Ha! Just imagine if you had gotten her a hamster and she was afraid of it on Christmas morning. That could have been BAD! Glad she pled her case and clarified it for you.