This Isn't Suppose to Happen Until She is a Teenager,
Is It?
Darcy has assured us ever since she was able to talk that she was NOT ever getting married...PERIOD! At 13, she still maintains that she has absolutely no interest in ever having a boyfriend. (Not to say she doesn't enjoy hanging out with boys...she has always been quite a tomboy!) So far, Darcy hasn't given us reason to worry much. But, then there is her six year old sister... Rayna has noticed boys since she was old enough to walk. She began planning her upcoming wedding in genuine earnest when she was two years old and when she was three years old, there was a cute little boy proclaiming her as his girlfriend. Still, I thought we would have a few more years before we needed to worry in earnest...that is, until the phone rang tonight. On the other end was a sweet little boyish voice inquiring if Rayna was home and could he talk with her. Well, actually, I had already put Rayna in bed for the night, but she was still awake and so I took the phone in and handed it up to her (she has a loft bed). She was delighted!
Not that I LISTENED IN, mind you, but the first words out of her mouth were, "Andrew! You were suppose to call me LAST NIGHT! What happened?" From the sounds of it, the fact that he called TONIGHT went a very long ways towards getting him out of the doghouse! She and her friend talked on the phone for quite a while.
The child is SIX YEARS OLD and she has little boys already calling. This parenthood thing might be a rough ride, yet!











7 comments:
Oh, my. Do y'all ever have your hands full!
I'll say a prayer for you. I love that she let you take pictures while she's on the phone. She looks so grown up.
Nadine--take pictures nothing! I was full out EAVESDROPPING, but needed a way to go unnoticed, so I just stayed behind my camera! Rayna is so used to me having the camera up to my face that she doesn't notice I am there if I have my camera in front of me!
6 going on 16, same as my Jennifer!! lol.
We can commiserate together in a few years time, LOL.
I love her expressions, must be a cutie on the other end of that phone, wink!!
Oh dear. Get out your shotguns.
I do have to admit that Andrew is about the cutest little boy I've ever seen...complete with an ever present totally mischievous grin!
Holy Moly....good luck with that mom. I do believe I might have a heart attack :0)
Post a Comment