Calling It Like They See It
Like I've mentioned before, our oldest daughter LIVES on Facebook. Seriously. I think she checks it before she rolls out of bed in the morning, again after breakfast, before school, the moment she gets back home again, and then STAYS ON IT until we tell her it is time to go to bed. Even then, I sometimes see the glow of Facebook in her darkened room. She and her friends use it like a chat room...sending each other messages back and forth constantly. They don't do so much on each other's walls, per se...mostly they just seem to text each other back and forth with directly sent messages. Oh, and she is usually on the phone the entire time she is typing on facebook. She is a multi-tasker!
Lately, though, the same picture tag has been making the rounds through her friends. The point of the tag is that you have to click on each individual character and "tag" it with the name of one of your facebook buddies. Just glancing through at the bazillion copies of this picture out there, everyone seems to peg Darcy exactly the same...as "The Tiny Dangerous One". Hmmm....I can see where they would get that impression! She always has been rather formidable!
Actually, though, LIFE has cut into much of Darcy's facebook time lately. She is doing BOTH track and soccer this year so, every evening, she goes straight from school to track practice and straight from track practice to soccer practice. On Wednesday evenings, she goes straight from soccer practice to church and is there for the next three hours then goes straight from church to bed. (She snarfs supper down as we drive the few blocks from the soccer field to the church.)
Track season is just starting...so nothing is set in stone yet...but Darcy has her sights set on pole vaulting this year. When she tried out for soccer, she was hoping to get to be a swing player (a Varsity player who also plays J/V games as well) and that is indeed what transpired. She is on Varsity, but will probably get to play extra games this year by playing J/V as well.
Darcy is away this weekend at D-Now (Discipleship Now) with her youth group. She's on the church Youth Council this year, so she got to help choose the D-Now curriculum and the year's events. I think Rayna has finally gotten used to her sister's gypsy ways! It used to break her tender little heart every time her sister was gone overnight someplace...but, she finally has begun taking it in stride.











6 comments:
That's great that she has interests outside the house like track and soccer. I've seen that picture around Facebook too.
I have seen that picture floating on Facebook too, I'm the one with the bad memory, LOL..
Darcy is such an amazing little girl..
SHe is a busy young lady, that's for sure!
Such a social busy girl! Glad she is varsity and J/V though I don't really know much about it all yet.
We have a multi-tasker in our home too. She is 13 and says that she can't live without her cell phone or the computer. I tell her that only 10 years ago life was not as tech advanced. But she just rolls her eyes at me. The teenage years should be interesting. I'm glad I stopped by.--take care, Renee
I read your blog on adoption and I am going to request an application from that company. My husband and I have been married 4 years and we have had one miscarriage. It was very similar to yours. I have 3 step-children, but long for a baby to call my own.--Thanks so much for sharing that beautiful story.
Post a Comment