A Little Bit About This Blog...
(for the UBP '09!)

This blog began May 6, 2005...originally titled "Three Peas in a Pod" (at a different address). I wasn't even sure what a "blog" was a few weeks prior to beginning my blog (even though my little sister had been blogging for years by that time). When I finally dove in and and began a blog of my own, I was pretty clueless about the computer in general and a bit wary of blogging in particular. It has been, though, an overwhelmingly positive experience.
Right around the same time I launched the blog, I also began experimenting with digital photography using a borrowed camera (my father-in-law's).
It soon became apparent to me that blogging and digital photography are rather addictive! Nearly four years later, I am still here! Stories of our family are the fabric of this blog. Sometimes humourous, sometimes serious, sometimes just plain mundane. Over the years, this blog has become a place where our friends and relatives from afar can stay connected with the day to day life of our family. It has also been a safe place for me to work through, in my own heart, the struggles involved with attachment in adoption and the guilt, doubts, and frustration that sometimes haunt the parent of a child with special needs. Most of all, it is a depository of stories for our children about our life together.
My husband and I have been married nearly eighteen years. We have three children. Our oldest joined us when she was eight and a half months old, born in JiangXi, China. Our youngest joined us when she was nine months old, born in AnHui, China. Our middle child, joined us last, when he was six years old, born in Taiwan. The children are now 13, 10, and 7 years old. We have written about our adoption journeys at another blog, Trails.
Finding that I tended to write way too much about our German Shepherd puppy on this blog, I allowed Ransom (the pup) to have her own blog. "Ransom" has quite enjoyed this creative outlet!
(There is a far more detailed profile of each family member in the side-bar.)
(Click HERE to go to the Main Page of Dumplings, Three)











38 comments:
your children are all beautiful,they are so lucky to have you as a parents, or I might say you are so lucky to have them as your kids.
I guess anybody can be a mother and father but it really takes special persons to be a parents.
God Bless!!!
Oh I am already loving the party! How fun! Your children are beautiful as well! Great blog!
I'm glad you decided to join the party Monica. I hope you have fun.
You have a lovely family. I have never come across a dog with it's own blog before. I will certainly have to check that one out! Have a great blog party.
Wow, what an amazing family you have! Can't wait to snoop around more. And you're right--blogging is quite addictive!
a
Great UBP post! And you DO have a beautiful family.
You have a beautiful family:-) Happy UBP!!! I am a professional blog hopper:-) Nice to meet you!
I just busting in on the blog party to say hi and your are truly blessed with such a beautiful family!
Hi Monica and Doug! Nice to meet you! Party On!
Hello Grant and Darcy too! hehe
Just going from party to party to see how others are doing this blogging thing.
My prize is #115 check it out!
Have a good weekend blog partyn'!
Hi Monica,
I am stopping by from The Ultimate Blog Party to check your blog out. What a great week we are in for!
Check out my place for your chance to win a LeapFrog Tag Reading System. :)
Stacie
The Divine Miss Mommy
http://www.thedivinemissmommy.com
http://www.twitter.com/stacieinatlanta
Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.
Ta!
Sounds like you really enjoy your family and blogging! You have a beautiful family.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment! How resourceful of you to whip our your knitting during a traffic jam! I like the point that you made; that something that could've been a hair pulling experience became something relaxing! That is how I felt about jury duty only subtract the "hair pulling" and add "BORING", LOL!
:)
Happy partying!
I still chuckle when I think of Ransom having her own blog ;O)
Have fun hope you meet some really wonderful people!
i absolutely love the descriptions of your children in the sidebar. not only have i learned quite a lot about their characters, i've also gained insight into you--a mom with a fierce love for her family, who has taken the time and thought to know and understand her children.
it's a genuine pleasure to meet you.
Beautiful family, Looks and sounds like you all have a lot of fun together.
I am new to blogging and love it so far. This is my first blog party.
Thanks for letting us all stop by your party. It has been fun. Oh Ransom is beautiful also I am a dog lover, I grew up with a shepherd he was a great dog.
Have Fun!!!
Hi, it's so nice to meet you! You have a lovely family! I started to give Porter his own blog too, but decided I didn't have time to keep it up.
Hi, stopping by all the blogs in the party that I can get to. It's very nice to meet you and your blog! With how many blogs in the party right now, that is 254 blogs per day for 4 days! Wow!
Just stopping by your party for a second! Glad I found you. You have three beautiful blessings! God works in amazing ways.
Have fun partying!
Jamie
Your children are beautiful. Nice to meet you. Hope you are having fun at the party
I would also like to invite you to stop by Show off your blog Saturday! I would love to read your favorite post!
Happy UBP 2009!! Nice to meet you!
Just over from UBP...I'm and adoptee and interested in other adoption stories thanks for sharing.
http://arewardfromhim.blogspot.com
Happy Blogging!
You have a beautiful family and I enjoyed reading a little about you. I found myself going to the previous post, then the next one, and so on and then reading the sidebar - your writing style is so wonderful and welcoming!
Nice to meet you!
Talk about a party!
I'm quite intrigued and am learning how to get around!
Just stopping by from 5minutes for moms blog party!
Wow...you're kids are GORgeous! We have two different friend families who have adopted from China. One adopted two little girls and the other adopted one. They all have very manageable special needs and are absolutely precious!
I'm a homeschooling mom of two teens. I don't have all the answers (I don't even have all the questions!) and I don't think homeschooling is the ONLY right answer. But it has been a wonderful journey.
Found you on UBP09. Drop by anytime! :)
Thanks for hosting a blog party! You have a very beautiful family. You are right about blogging and digital photography being addictive. I look forward to getting to know you better.
What an amazing family! Happy UBP!
What an interesting family. The children look absolutely happy, they are obviously loved.
You are invited to my party, in Dubai - no plane tickets required! :-)
I'm doing some blog hopping from the UBP and dropped in to say hi!
You have such a beautiful family!
You've got a great blog and such a nice looking family. Our youngest joined our family through adoption, so that is close to my heart. I'm stopping by from the party!
I am enjoying all these blogs. Yours is one of the best especially your graphics.
Happy blog party! I enjoy very much these blogs especially yours!
your blog is very helpful. I am really having fun looking at all these blogs
Your blog is great! I like your scandalous behavior post. My girl is 4 and still thinks it's cool that I crochet.
Come check out my UBP09 scavenger hunt!
MommyWizdom
Found you through the Blog Party. Beautiful Children! Love it that your dog has her own blog...oh I only wonder what my dog would have to say!
Blog Party Woohoo! Talk about fashionably late, right, sorry. I have been sick which left me in a fog all last week, so I am still trying tomake my rounds. Better late than never I figured. Anyway, hope you had a great week at the UBP. Hope to see you again sometime!
Post a Comment