Off to KC
Rayna and her Daddy left for Kansas City early this morning to check up on Grant's mom (fresh out of the hospital) and my dad (in the hospital). I've been fighting a sinus infection and been pretty wiped out for days now, and since I'm still running a fever, I didn't figure my presence would be in the best interest of Grant's mom or my dad, so I stayed home. Darcy awoke with a sore throat (which is how my bug began) so she stayed home, too. Doug, given the choice, will usually choose to hang out where ever I am hanging out, and today was no exception. All of which, I have no doubt at all, thrilled little Rayna. She ADORES going solo with one or the other parent. I guess that comes with being the youngest...the hunger for some alone time with your parents. Darcy, after-all, had both of us all to herself for seven and a half years. Doug's easy going enough that he never minds always having his siblings around. But, Rayna, is a different matter...she THRIVES on those opportunities to get a taste of being the "only child", if only for a few hours!
(I'm sure her daddy was more than a little pleased that she was so eager to accompany him!)
Friday night, I bowed out of a previous commitment because of this sinus infection and Darcy took my place. She and her dad helped form a team that competed at the high-school for a trivia quiz tournament. They didn't win, but Darcy DID win one of the door-prizes...a $75 gift certificate to a very schmancy photography studio. So that was really nice! She was initially reluctant to get drafted as my replacement, but, after she got home, she admitted she did have fun, after-all!











1 comment:
Was Doug always named Doug? It doesn't sound like a name you'd find in Taiwan. I can't imagine you would change a child's name at the age of six so this is why I ask. I hope you don't mind me asking!
Kim
Post a Comment