Overdue Post
Well, life has been pretty busy around here! I spent last weekend in Branson with the Muppets (aka Mom and Aunt Vonnie) and Bobsey Twins (Lisa and Laura) and Laura's good friend, Pam! We went to the "Women of Joy" conference and had an absolute blast. I was sick as a dog all weekend (which might have been the reason my driving was so scary!), but it was a really fun weekend, anyway (and we all survived my last-minute-turns and tendency to roll backwards after putting the van into park, just as folks were stepping out, etc!). After people have been so heartless with their cracks about one's lack of driving skills, one begins to derive twisted pleasure from scaring everyone silly!
Oh...you ask how Mom and Aunt Vonnie wound up being referred to as "the Muppets" all weekend? Well, about TWO MINUTES into the trip, the two of them were huddled together in the very back seat of our very crowded van making very "witty" remarks about my lack of driving skill and all sorts of other things, when Lisa made the observation that they bore a remarkable resemblance to those two little old muppets who hang out in the balcony box making wise cracks about everyone else and cackling together. The comparison was so DEAD ON that the rest of us all nearly died laughing on the spot...and, each time I caught sight of their two faces in my rear view mirror (constantly chattering and laughing), I just couldn't help but be put in mind all over again of those two muppets up in their private balcony box! So...they were henceforth referred to as "the Muppets" the entire weekend (and probably forevermore!)!
Darcy has been super busy with friends, church, track, and soccer. Her soccer team won 3-1 last night!
Rayna has been super busy avoiding CLEANING her room.
Doug has been super busy FLUSHING his sack lunch down the school toilet so he can claim to be "lunchless" for the day and garner a hot tray. (His career of doing this only lasted two days before he was CAUGHT.)
Grant has been super busy with the classes he is teaching.
And I've been super busy conquering the new software that the Home Health nurses have been shackled with.











3 comments:
we are glad you are back as yourself! (it may be bad to be 'sick as a dog' but worse would be for the 'dog'(page)to take over!)
I am so sorry you are still sick Monica!! But really you can not at all blame your sickness on bad driving!!! I have been in the car when you were NOT sick!
I KNOW it is not funny but I was laughing so hard about Doug flushing his lunch!!! That is hysterically funny.
Lisa, I would NEVER blame my sickness on bad driving. I know that viruses and bacteria are solely to blame!
Post a Comment