On my hot tail...
and the true cause of thinning hair!
Well, Rayna continues with her life-long talent for creative use of language! A few days ago I overheard her as she was playing a game of trouble with her Grandmother, exclaim, "You're on my hot tail!" (I think she was meaning her grandmother was hot on her trail!)
Then, tonight, she informed her dad she was watching BOTH her sister's soccer game and the game in the next field. Her dad asked her skeptically, "How can you watch BOTH of them at the same time?" She answered (as though it was QUITE obvious), "Well, I have TWO eye-balls!" Yeah...duh!
Earlier in the evening, she had approached her daddy with a solemn face and gravely asked him, "Do caterpillars have BONES?"
A few days ago, Doug was again reminding me (nagging me to death!) about his need for a haircut. I had been meaning to get him in for a haircut, but we've been busy and it has gotten pushed to the back burner for the last couple of weeks. Ever helpful, Grant suggested, "Why don't YOU just cut it rather than taking him in to have it cut." Mind you, I've been stuck cutting GRANT'S hair for over 18 years now because he refuses to go the barbershop in spite of the fact that I have absolutely NO CLUE how to cut hair and dread it every time I have to once more pick up the clippers. Grant's helpfulness fell flat though, when Doug, hearing his daddy's suggestion, replied in horror, "No!" His grandma asked, "Wouldn't you like your MOMMY to cut your hair?" (Mind you, this is the kid that has asked me at least 20 times a day for the past two weeks to take him to the barber.) Doug looked at me and then solemnly looked at his father and replied emphatically, "No. I be bald!" So, now I know...my son blames his father's thinning hair on his mother's lack of barbering abilities!











3 comments:
Grant could cut it!(?)
Monica that is so funny!! Iran disparately needs a haircut too...we just have to find a place that cuts hair....
You can tell Doug that I cut both Anni's and Frankie's hair! Don't know if that would do any good, but I've not left them bald yet!
Post a Comment