Friday, February 12, 2010

Time Passes Much Too Quickly

Well, Darcy calmly mentioned to me this afternoon that her friend Kegan is in a relationship. I know of Kegan because he has had an on again off again ill-fated relationship over the past year and a half or so...and Darcy has always been there, coaching him through, knowing Kegan better than his girlfriend did. Kegan seems like a nice young man and he's not been in any relationship for quite a while now. He strikes me as very serious, very idealistic, very romantic, very loyal young man who lives out his Christian beliefs. So, when Darcy mentioned he was in a relationship, I was glad for him. Then she said, "Guess who it's with?" Well, when I heard the question phrased like that, I already knew.

Yup...

Darcy.

So, it is that we have entered a new phase of parenthood...one where our daughter is not only old enough to be in a "relationship" with a young man, but actually IS in a relationship with a young man. Kegan isn't the first that has WANTED to be Darcy's boyfriend, but he is the first that she hasn't shot down cold. (By last count, there have been four previous boys who have asked to be more than just her friend, only to be so emphatically turned down that I found myself feeling a bit sorry for them. And I have a feeling that Kegan has had to prove himself long and hard.)

At least she IS choosy. Still, I wouldn't mind if she was still adamant that she was not interested in getting into any relationship with anyone. Oh well.

(She has been glowing all afternoon, so, I can't feel too regretful that someone has come along that has caught her heart for the first time...for a while.)


(and here's a photo of Kegan, fresh off his facebook page)

And, no...Darcy's dad doesn't know yet. Darcy has been begging me not to mention it to him until AFTER she has gone to bed tonight! Me? I'm thinkin' maybe I will just let him read it on the blog! Somehow I am thinking her DADDY is NOT going to see in silver lining in the news at all! ...the trauma fathers must endure!

No comments: