Thursday, January 13, 2011

Her Well Runs Rich With Drama!

A few days ago, an extremely somber Rayna knocked on our bedroom door. After being invited in, she sat her small frame down on the love-seat in our bedroom as heavily as though all the cares of this world were currently heaped upon her shoulders. In a sad, soft voice she informed her father and I that she needed help with a problem. Then, rather than going on any further, she silently handed me a letter. This was the cover:



I opened the letter as she watched...her dark eyes so sad...
And I silently read:
"Please talk to Doug about saying, 'Stop being bossy!' when I tell him to pick up something and other stuff..."

It was at that point that it took Grant and I all our parental prowess to grit our teeth and chew the sides of our tongues to keep from bursting out laughing!

The letter continued, "because after that, when you aren't looking or not listening, he'll say something that makes me want to cry, say something mean back, hit him or go run away. So please help me with this problem."

She signed it, "In need of somebody to help me, Rayna Lin Cochran"!




Later, I found myself chuckling once more thinking about her letter, which she had in no way meant to be the least bit humorous or dramatic, as she had explained how horrid Doug was to tell her to quit being bossy whenever she bossed him. It occurred to me that some of our prayers must strike God the same way! She absolutely had no idea that SHE was the one at fault! In her mind, it was unreasonable of Doug to snap "Quit bossing me!" when, instead, he should be grateful for her instructions! It was SHE who had been so sorely wronged!!! In fact, Doug was so awful, she was nearly driven to the extreme of committing violence or having to run away!

No comments: