Semester Wrap-Up
It's been a good semester! Darcy and Rayna both had straight A's and Doug got mostly A's with a few B's! Tonight, after school, there was an assembly for Bolivar Intermediate to honor those who had exceptional grades for the semester. Rayna was honored for straight A's. When we got home, I mentioned that I would put her certificate in with her report card in the box where I save that stuff. Rayna asked if I could FRAME it instead. I told her, "Certainly! We can put it in a frame and hang it on your wall!" To which she replied, "No. I want you to hang it on YOUR wall...so you can see it every day and remember how smart I am!" Oh! Okay!
Meanwhile, Doug's school (Bolivar Middle School) is ALL ABOUT motivation. Every time we turn around there is some sort of reward being handed out. Doug has gotten to get on the bus and go over to the Esquire Theater to see two movies so far this year ("How To Train Your Dragon" and "Despicable Me") for having all A's and B's for the quarter and not missing any school days and not incurring any disciplinary actions. If he qualifies all four quarters, then he will get to go to Branson to Silver Dollar City, too. Darcy got to do this both years she was at the middle school and they even gave her the money they would have spent on her ticket since she is a season pass holder and didn't need a ticket. The bus leaves early in the morning (on a school day) and doesn't get back until late in the evening. At the middle school, they also have ping pong tables set up in the lunch room for use any time and they have dances every hoopstitch (three so far this year). Doug LOVES middle school and Rayna can't wait to get up there!











No comments:
Post a Comment