Monday, January 24, 2011

Facebook Post of Darcy's

‎30 DAY CHALLENGE. Day One: Picture of Me with 15 facts about myself.
1. Green is my favorite color. 2. I have like 11 best friends. 3. I like to eat a lot. 4. I am a optomistic thinker. :) 5. I feel like 15 facts is a lot to come up with. 6. I don't wear make up. 7. I'm not the greatest swimmer ever. 8. I want to have an awesome adventure this year. 9. I can't wait to drive. 10. I want a truck. 11. I probably won't do all 30 days of this thingy. 12. I can't eat bananas. 13. Summer is my favorite time of year. 14. I need new shoes. 15. I am super ready for college!!





I notice that her current profile photo and the photo she chose for this post are both from the set of pictures I took during the Snow Day they had last week.

It was a really fun day! Grant and I (and Darcy) slept in while Doug and Rayna quietly played the Wii together...no fussing, no fighting...pure harmony! (Rare!!!) Then I cooked fried eggs (hard for Grant and soft for everyone else!), bacon (limp for Grant and crunchy for everyone else!), and biscuits and gravy. It was 11:00 when we all sat down for our breakfast/lunch!

Then, Darcy and I played Phase 10 (I beat FOR ONCE!) while Doug sat on the love-seat nearby listening to his MP3 player through his headphones and Rayna sat on the bed next to us playing her Nintendo DS. Grant came in near the end of our Phase 10 game to suggest we all load up in the car and check out the new Mister Wings that just opened the evening before. Mister Wings is actually in walking distance from our house (yeah!) and we just slid and skidded a couple of times getting there!

The new owner came over to our table to talk with us as we were enjoying the food and in the course of the conversation, he found out that Grant teaches graphic arts at the college and the fellow asked Grant if he wanted a side job designing the electronic menu boards for the restaurant. Grant quickly volunteered his students and now they have a fun project to start the new semester out with!

The food was DELICIOUS! Grant got the Buffalo Wings, I got the BBQ Wings, the little kids got the Tropical Terriaki Wings, and Darcy got the General Tso's Wings. I got onion rings, Rayna got a side salad, and everyone else got fries. The General Tso's Wings and the onion rings were hands down the BEST of anything on the table. It's making me hungry all over again just writing about it!

After that, we went back home long enough to pick up the sleds...and, as we were walking out of the house, Darcy commented, "Wow, Mom! I'm surprised you aren't taking the camera!" Of course, I hit myself up side my head and said, "I can't believe I didn't think of bringing the camera! Thank you for reminding me, Darcy!" To which Darcy groaned.

We picked Darcy's friend, Jadyn, up and we dropped Grant off at the office to do a bit a work while the kids and I all headed to the other side of the campus. I took pictures while the kids slid down a steep hill on the sleds they got for Christmas.

I noticed that for all her protestations regarding me photographing her, Darcy was sure to point out to me when she and Jadyn were going to race down the hill or when she and her siblings were going to race. The unspoken expectation was that I would take photos! This was not wasted upon me!

When everyone had had enough sledding we picked Grant up and headed on back home. Darcy made hot chocolate for everyone and then, while Grant, Doug and Darcy watched TV in the living room, Darcy and Jadyn spent the next hour and a half sitting in the family room on the sofa, using the computer to sift through the thousands of photos I had taken...laughing over various ones and squealing, "Delete that one! Don't you DARE put THAT one on facebook!"....while I pretended not to notice how glad they both obviously were that I HAD taken photos. I didn't Darcy's obvious pleasure that photos had been taken (and heaven forbid, letting her know that I had suspected from the start that her comment to me congratulating me on NOT taking the camera was her way of triggering me TO take the camera--though she would NEVER admit it!) Instead, I busied myself in the kitchen cooking the requested mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and pork chops....quietly enjoying hearing the girls in the next room having so much fun with the photos that I had had a blast taking!

All in all, it was a pretty perfect day!!!

No comments: