Monday, February 14, 2011

COUGH
I Mean, Good-bye!

I HATE automated phone systems! This morning I was trying to rectify my checking balance and coughed after saying "deposits". The voice on the other end said, "Goodbye!" and HUNG UP ON ME!

So I dialed back again and coughed while she was telling me what my last auto deposit from work had been, so I couldn't hear what she was saying.

So I called back a THIRD time and once more, was overtaken with a cough during her "listening phase" and she replied, "Did you say 'goodbye'?"

"NO!!!" I screamed, "I COUGHED!!! I DIDN'T SAY 'GOOD-BYE'"

Click. She hung up on me a third time!!!!

So, a few minutes later, as my three children and husband lined up at the door to leave for the day, they all turned back to look at me and in unison, they COUGHED loud and long and then, without a word, they left!

It took a moment for me to "get it"...they were saying 'Good-bye'!

No comments: