She Always Did Like Choices...
(more excerpts from the Darcy Journal
looking back eleven years ago)
Written on November 17, 1997:
(when Darcy was almost two and a half)
Recently Grant and I were sitting on the sofa watching TV while Darcy happily played on the floor near us. Something funny was said on TV that cracked Grant and I both up. Looking up from her playing, Darcy happily inquired of us, "What I say now?!" Bless her heart! She just assumed that if we were tickled it surely must be at HER and at something that SHE had said! Her only confusion was just exactly WHAT she had said that cracked us up!
Today Darcy asked me to get a barrette for her to wear in her hair. She followed me into the bathroom and as I proceeded to grab a barrette out of the barrette container, she tugged on my shirt and patiently explained to me, "I like CHOICES, Mommy." So, of course, I had to let her choose her own barrette from the bowl! Her word usage never ceases to amaze me. I often tell her she can "choose" between this or that, but I don't ever recall using the word in a noun form when speaking to her. Where she ever came up with the phrase, "I like choices!", I haven't the slightest idea! She communicates extremely well!











3 comments:
I love that, I think we all like choices. Looks like you have a little fashion girl on your hands!
I love it! She is ALL girl! :)
Smart girl!
Post a Comment