How Does One's Computer Get This Out of Hand?
People are shocked when they see the desktop of my computer. Files are EVERYWHERE covering every square millimeter of the desktop. Just as in real life I am horrible about putting things up, preferring instead to keep all my unfinished projects lying out where I can easily see them...where they are handy to grab!
2132 Unopened Message(s) 2874 message(s) total ....that is what the heading at the top of ONE of my TWO e-mail accounts read! (I get way too much spam. I used to compulsively open EVERY e-mail before deleting it. Finally the spam wore me out and I quit opening things I did not immediately recognize as definitely NOT spam, yet, couldn't bring myself to delete something unopened, just in case it was something that had only been mistaken as spam!)
I habitually fill my computer to the point that there is NO storage space left at all and it begins freezing and acting up on me simply because there isn't any room left on the hard-drive, before I buckle down and begin transferring my thousands of photos over to my external storage drive (the thought being that from there I will burn them to DVD.....ummmm, hasn't happened in several years!). I am buried in photos that need to be sorted, labeled, and archived onto DVDs.
Our children seem to take after me...but, I am delighted to note that their captivity to total disorganization has apparently been broken at least temporarily. All three of them have kept their rooms organized and clean since the week before Christmas...a world record for each one of them!!! Now, if I can just get a handle on MY bedroom!











No comments:
Post a Comment